Remember the Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken recipe I shared? That’s becoming one of my new go-to recipes to help me feed my family on busy days. This, of course, led me to experiment more with the idea. What else, I wondered, could be cooked in the crock pot overnight to make my day simpler tomorrow? Well. One result this Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast.
Just like the chicken, you can put your roast into your crock pot directly from the freezer. It thaws and cooks overnight. The next day, the meat will fall apart and melt in your mouth!
Why would we want to cook meat in our crock pots overnight? Let me count the ways:
- When we wake up to cooked meat, we have something good to pack for lunches if that is a need.
- We can turn the crock pot to the “keep warm” setting and have meat waiting for us later at lunch time at home.
- We can turn off the crock pot and cool the meat to eat in big chef salads at lunch time.
- We can put the meat in the fridge to pull out any time we need it during the next few days.
The concept is so simple, and it presents so many easy meal options!
Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- 3-4 pound beef roast
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Onion Soup Mix (recipe below)
- ½ cup water
- Put roast in the bottom of a crock pot. (Roast can be frozen or thawed.)
- Pour Worcestershire sauce, Onion Soup Mix, and water over the roast.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
Here’s my Onion Soup Mix recipe.
This roast is delicious no matter if you serve it with mashed potatoes and veggies or if you serve it in a chef salad. The flavor is incredible!!
Have you tried cooking meat in a crock pot overnight? What has your experience been like?
Here are more Simple Recipes you’ll love!
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
It’s recipes like this that makes Simple Meals such a life saver for families. We’ll provide the plans. We’ll provide the recipes. We’ll provide the grocery list. All you have to do is take a deep breath and enjoy how simple your life in the kitchen has become! Join Simple Meals!