It’s so easy to make your own Larabars!
- Are made with all real food ingredients
- Have no added sugar (unless you add chocolate chips, and who can resist?)
- Can be made with all varieties of ingredients
- Are naturally gluten and grain free
Ever since I got to try some Larabars for a review back in March, I’ve been hooked. They are amazingly yummy, incredibly healthy and what do you know…they are gluten free!
I’m amazed that they contain so few ingredients…my favorite Cashew Cookie bar is made of only dates and cashews…that’s IT. And it really does taste like a cookie. Only better. :)
Ready to make your own Larabars?
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 8 dates (remove pits)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup add ins like mini chocolate chips, dried fruit, or fresh fruit like blueberries (optional)
- Grind cashews in a food processor until fine.
- Slowly add dates, vanilla, and water and pulse until the mixture forms a dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips or fruit.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8x8 inch pan.
- Refrigerate for about one hour.
- Cut into 12 bars.
Need a great source for nuts when you make Larabars? Be sure to check out Braga Farms as a wonderful source for organic nuts! Braga Farms is a fabulous family farm to purchase organic nuts from. You can not beat their quality or their prices! I just placed an order and I can’t wait to get my great box of organic nuts!
These homemade Larabars are great to take on the road for a filling and nourishing snack. Make them with any combination of fruit and nuts for your family’s preferences.
Need more healthy snack ideas? You’ll love this wonderful and helpful eBook full of 227 Healthy Snack ideas and recipes!