These Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cups are practically begging for you to make them!
With college students joining us for lunch, I was searching the internet for ways to treat them, and I had rice krispie cereal that I needed to use up. All the recipes called for marshmallows, of course. But hey, I don’t keep those in my pantry regularly, much to my kids’ dismay.
Therefore, after wading through all of the marshmallow-y options, I finally found this winner! I tweaked it just a bit, and that is how these Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Cups were born.
These are incredibly easy and they were a hit with the college students! Who needs marshmallows?! (Well, they are helpful if you’re making smores…) But for rice krispie cereal treats, it’s amazing that we can do other fun things and use more wholesome ingredients to make treats!
Speaking of “other fun things” – I highly encourage that you also put these 4-Ingredient Chocolate Crunch Bars on your list of awesome rice krispie treats to make. These are hugely popular when I serve them to guests! It’s worth noting that the ingredient list in that recipe and in this one are very similar, making life easier. They just turn out two different and fun treats!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Cups
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 2½ cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1½ cups any variety Chocolate Chips
- In a saucepan, stir peanut butter and honey together over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice crispy cereal.
- Press mixture into 12 muffin cups. (I recommend silicone cups to make them easy to remove.)
- Melt chocolate chips on the stovetop, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Spoon and spread melted chocolate over each peanut butter crispy cup.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove cups and serve!
- Store Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Cups in an air tight container.