These Simple Omelet Muffins are super fun to make and eat for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper!
Not only do these Omelet Muffins work for any meal of the day, they are low in cost. You can make them ahead of time and rewarm them as needed. They freeze well. Annnnd…you can make them per everyone’s liking.
Add lots of meat. Add no meat at all. Throw in lots of veggies. Try a variety of cheeses. Have fun experimenting!
Some tasty add-in options are:
- Chopped Ham
- Bacon Bits (here’s how to make them yourself!)
- Sausage Crumbles
- Leftover Taco Meat
- Shredded Chicken
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Sweet Peppers
- Diced Onion or Dried Minced Onion
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Fresh Spinach
- Black Beans
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
You really can enjoy a variety of mixtures using any of these add-in ideas or any others you can think of!
Simple Omelet Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- Any variety of chopped meat, diced veggies, and shredded cheeses you like.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt.
- Add in any fillings you like.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with oil.
- Scoop omelet mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are set and golden brown.
If you make these ahead of time, rewarm them in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees for just a few minutes.
To freeze these Omelet Muffins: Bake them as directed and allow them to cool completely. Put them into a freezer bag and freeze them for up to a month. Thaw and reheat as needed.
I think these would be great to pack and take to work for lunch – a great change of pace from packing a sandwich!
Do you have any other great add-in ideas for these Omelet Muffins?