This Simple Taco Salad ranks right up there as one of the most refreshing and tasty meals to serve in the summertime!
I can’t get enough of this salad. And interestingly enough, while my kids typically just serve themselves a small amount of greens for a salad on a normal day, they eat huge bowls of this Simple Taco Salad! Maybe we should always put chips in our salad – ha!
Simple Summer Suppers: Taco Salad
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, any variety (we prefer red leaf, green leaf or romaine)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 15 ounces (or 2 cups) of pinto, chili, or black beans
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1-2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup French Dressing (give or take; recipe link below)
- Brown hamburger meat and season with taco seasoning mix (recipe link below)
- Chop or tear lettuce into a large serving bowl.
- Add cooked meat (cooled), shredded cheese, beans, tomatoes, and chips.
- Toss with French Dressing.
Make a batch of this French Dressing to serve in this salad. You won’t be sorry!
I recommend making this Taco Seasoning Mix to have on hand for recipes like this. Easy and delicious! Also, I find it helpful to make several pounds of taco meat at once, then I use the leftovers to make this salad!
Have you seen our other Simple Summer Suppers? Here’s a running list:
- Simple BLT Wraps
- Simple Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Simple Sloppy Joes
- Simple Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Don’t miss any of our new ideas we’ve got coming! Subscribe for free so all the latest can come directly to your inbox!
Have you become a Simple Meals member yet? You will LOVE how simple all the recipes are, and better yet, you’ll love that we do all the planning for you!
This is a favorite of ours. But….you lost me at French dressing. We prefer a more Latin flavored dressing of salsa mixed with sour cream. Takes no time at all to make and it’s usually the four year old’s job to make, which tells you how easy it is. :)
And don’t forget the guacamole on top – super easy to make when you can find avocados at a good price. Another good task for a small child to help with.