If you want to turn a regular breakfast into a special breakfast, simply pour chocolate syrup on your pancakes! Here are two chocolate sauce recipes for you (one is dairy-free and low in sugar!).
I have all sorts of recipes for you, actually.
- First, we’ll talk about pancakes.
- Then, I’ll give you these great chocolate sauce recipes.
- Then, I’ll share different homemade whipped cream recipes to top everything off!
What’s great about this idea is that it turns ordinary pancakes into something super special! And if you’re hesitant about putting chocolate sauce on your pancakes because of the sugar, might I remind you that maple syrup is straight sugar also (even if it’s pure maple syrup)? ;) Not only that, if you make the Dairy Free Chocolate Sauce recipe below you’ll actually have a lower-sugar option to pour (or spread) all over your pancakes!
Pancake Recipe Ideas:
- Simple Pancake Mix Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes (with chocolate on top? YES PLEASE.)
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Whole Grain Chocolate Pancakes
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Applesauce Pancakes
- Baked Apple Pancake
- Easy Pancake Muffins
- Whole Wheat Waffles (even better than pancakes!)
Chocolate Syrup for Pancakes
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In medium saucepan, stir together cream, sugar, cocoa and butter.
- Cook on medium heat until butter is melted and ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Dairy Free Chocolate Sauce
- 13.5 ounce can of full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ - ½ cup sweetener (honey, sucanat, or brown sugar)
- Mix ingredients in a small saucepan, cooking and stirring on medium heat until well combined.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store this sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator, rewarming on the stove-top as needed. It will keep for up to a month in the fridge.
Drizzle or spread these onto your pancakes and you’ve got an amazing feast. But really, it’s thousands of times better if you then top it all with whipped cream!
Whipped Cream Recipes:
Still want more ideas?
Bonus Pancake Topping Recipes:
- Real Maple Syrup
- Apple Butter
- Blueberry Pancake and Waffle Syrup
- Peach Syrup (for pancakes and waffles)
- Peanut Butter (just peanuts!)
- Peanut Butter (super creamy – like Skippy or Jif)
- Raspberry Syrup
What’s your favorite way to top a pancake?