Curious about what groceries I regularly order from Azure Standard? Today I’ll share what’s often on my list!
First, let’s review.
Here’s a post to share what Azure Standard is and why I shop with them regularly. (Spoiler: They’re a food co-op that delivers even to small towns all over the U.S. Their prices on whole foods are fantastic!! More details here.)
Real Food Groceries I Buy from Azure Standard
- 5-Pound Bags of Frozen Organic Peas, Green Beans, and Corn
We usually go through two bags each of frozen green beans and peas each month and one bag of corn. These are fabulous to have on hand!
- 5-Pound Bag of Dry Roast, Unsalted Peanuts
I buy one of these each month to make several jars of Creamy Peanut Butter for my family.
- 10-Inch Tortillas
Yes, I used to make them. But during this season in our lives, I am so grateful to have ready-made tortillas in our freezer! I buy them by the case and use them for Meat and Cheese Burritos, Breakfast Burritos, and Quesadillas. My favorite brand if tortillas from Azure is Stacey’s.
- Frozen Potatoes
I have been getting 30-pound boxes of Frozen Hashbrowns, Southern Style, and I use them in so many ways! They are wonderful in casseroles like this and in my Easy Breakfast Casserole. Recently I realized I could even make them into these Mashed Potatoes and wow! Game changer! They are also a favorite in this Awesome Potato Soup.
- Hard and Soft White Wheat
I grind our wheat fresh in my Nutrimill, so I like to buy 25 pounds of hard white wheat and soft white wheat every month or two from Azure so I can always make whole wheat flour as needed. Read more about grinding wheat and which flour works best in various recipes here.
It’s so nice to buy a 25-pound bag of rolled oats to have for Homemade Instant Oatmeal, Breakfast Bars, Granola, and Cookies! I keep the oats in our extra freezers to pull out as needed. (Here’s a list of other great food I make with oats!)
- Brown Rice
Just like oats and wheat, I like to buy 25-pound sacks of rice (if I still have room in my freezer!).
- Active Dry Yeast
It’s awesome to buy a 5-pound bag of yeast to keep in the freezer and use it for baking as needed!
- Fresh Produce
Some of their organic fresh produce is too pricey for my budget. But I find that most of the time their yellow potatoes, varieties of apples, peaches, and pears are usually super reasonably priced! And depending on the season, other produce options are a great price too!
- Sale Items
Azure runs monthly discounts so I always scroll through them to see what is marked down 20% or or more and take advantage if I feel it will benefit my family!
I used to always buy butter and cheese from Azure Standard also, but the prices on those have gone up so now I just get those at a regular grocery store.
How Azure Standard works:
- Become a member. (It is completely free.)
- Join a local drop point (or start one).
- Order online each month according to your needs. (There is no obligation to order if you don’t need or want anything. Just shop any or all months of the year as needed.)
- The drop coordinator for your group will be informed of the truck delivery time each month. He/she will send information to let you know when/where to meet.
- Meet at the designated pick-up time and location to help unload the truck and take home your order! This unloading and sorting process usually only takes 15 minutes.
Are you a regular Azure Standard customer? What do you like to buy?