I have the secret to creating the Perfect Grilled Chicken. You can make this even if you own a pitiful grill like we do. :)
Someday we’ll invest in a grill that isn’t duct taped together. I kid. Our grill isn’t really duct taped together. It’s just on the cheap side and doesn’t always light the way it’s supposed to or heat evenly. Through the years we’ve considered putting some money into a better one, but you know what? Ours still works. So we’ll continue to make do until it dies.
In the meantime, our grill still turns out chicken that is incredible. We can’t get enough. It’s always juicy and perfect and you’ll be happy to know the prep time on said chicken is about thirty seconds.
What’s the secret? I’ve shared it before and I must share it again: We use boneless chicken thighs. Skip the dry, chewy chicken breasts. It’s thighs all the way. They have more fat in them, so they turn out a deliciously juicy grilled chicken.
How to make Perfect Grilled Chicken
- 6-12 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup sauce (bbq, teriyaki, sweet and sour, Italian dressing, any of your favorites!)
- Place chicken and sauce in a ziploc bag or casserole dish to marinate in the fridge. (This takes 30 seconds, but you'll feel like a brilliant chef.)
- Marinate for 1-24 hours. (Because sometimes we plan ahead and sometimes we can't handle basic organizational skills for the day.)
- Grill on low heat for 25-40 minutes, turning a time or two until your chicken is perfect.
- Serve with salad and veggies.
We love making extra chicken to chop into chef salads on another day. It’s kind of like killing two birds with one stone, or rather two chickens with one grill. This is a rather violent way to say “Here’s a great way to get ahead on meals for your family!”
Our favorite homemade marinades for Perfect Grilled Chicken
Have you seen our other Simple Summer Suppers? Here’s a running list:
- Simple BLT Wraps
- Simple Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Simple Sloppy Joes
- Simple Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Simple Taco Salad
- Simple Grilled Tortilla Pizza
- 16 Simple Summer Dips
- Simple Tuna Salad Wraps
Don’t miss any of our new ideas we’ve got coming! Subscribe for free so all the latest can come directly to your inbox!
Have you become a Simple Meals member yet? You will LOVE how simple all the recipes are, and better yet, you’ll love that we do all the planning for you!
Erin C says
I love this idea! Where do you buy boneless chicken thighs?
I find them at my town’s only grocery store (which just started carrying them!) and at Walmart. Or I can buy them through Azure Standard.