Did you get your free Simple Recipes, Volume 1 eBook yet? You will LOVE how easy it is to put real food meals on the table. As you can tell with the Simple Garlic Shrimp recipe and now this Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips recipe – we are now well on our way to Simple Recipes, Volume 2.
Let’s keep the Simple Recipes coming!
Today I’m excited to share a recipe that has been a family favorite for several years at our house. Of course, seeing as I like everything to be simple now, I’ve pared down the steps it used to take to prepare this chicken. (Pick up one little piece of chicken. Dip the piece of chicken. Dip it again. No thank you.) C’mon. We have more important things to do with our lives…like attempting to have a Family Movie Night.
Attempting? Yes. Allow me to share a little issue I have as of late.
I can’t stay awake for a movie. Ever. It goes something like this:
- I get excited that our family has an actual free evening.
- We decide to have a movie night and discuss which movie to watch together.
- We make snacks and special hot drinks to enjoy while we’re watching the movie together.
- Everyone takes forever to actually get their food and drinks and get themselves into the living room to start the movie. (I’m always the picture of loving patience during this time.)
- I begin to get nervous, knowing my eyes struggle to stay open if it gets too late. HURRY EVERYONE!!! Thankfully, we’ve started the “get the movie set up and snacks on your plates” ritual at 8:00. Surely I can handle staying awake for a movie with it being so early, right? Well, one would think.
- We finally get situated and start the movie at 8:32.
- I finish my snack and fall asleep promptly at 8:47.
- I wake up just as the credits roll at the end.
Every. Single. Time.
It doesn’t matter what movie. It doesn’t matter what time we begin. (I know this because we tested to see if I could stay awake during an afternoon movie while drinking a cup of caffeinated coffee. I still got sleepy. You may as well ruin every movie for me by telling me who gets married and who dies and who the hero is because I may never watch an entire movie again.)
Well, anyway. The Simple Recipes and Simple Meals resources do everything they can to keep you out of the kitchen and offer you more family time. As far as staying awake during a Family Movie Night goes – you’re on your own. There’s obviously nothing I can do to help any of us with this need.
Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup whole grain flour (rice, wheat, corn, etc) or crushed corn flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix*
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
- Cut chicken into strips about 1 inch wide.
- Drizzle ½ cup melted butter into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir together parmesan cheese, flour, and ranch dressing mix.
- Stir in the chicken pieces until they are coated.
- Spread the prepared chicken pieces into the butter in the pan.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over the chicken.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- If desired, broil chicken for about 2 minutes to crisp it up before serving.
*Here’s my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix recipe.
Notice the recipe offers you a “cheater” method to get these chicken pieces into a pan in a short amount of time! You can dip each piece one at a time if you want, but I simply melt the butter into the pan, stir the chicken all together in a bowl with the flour mixture, then dump it into the buttery pan. It’s so simple!
Typically I prefer chicken thighs over breasts because they are juicier and more flavorful. For this recipe though, I like chicken breasts. I also keep my eye out for mark-downs at the store on chicken breasts pre-cut into strips. It’s a time saver and the mark-down keeps the price reasonable!
‘Fess up! Can you stay awake during movies?
Here are more Simple Recipes you’ll love!
Truly, all of these recipes are ridiculously easy, good, and nourishing.
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
If you haven’t joined Simple Meals yet, you are missing out on SIMPLE becoming even MORE SIMPLE! (It’s actually possible. I do the work for you.) Check it out here (and get $10 off!). Get an full Simple Meals Planning Packet in your inbox every single week!