I love that Simple Baked Beans is such an easy side dish to put together and pair with so many great meats and veggies!
Truly, it is the simplest of foods that make our meals so much better! (Did you download our Simple Ingredients for Simple Meals list yet? It’s FREE! And oh so helpful!)
These Simple Baked Beans take little effort, and are just sweet enough to make us all fall in love. I love adding these as a side dish (along with other veggies and fruits) to a basic meaty main dish.
Consider these Simple Baked Beans when you decide what to serve with any of these Simple Meals recipes:
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Veggie Fritters
- Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs
Phew, so many possibilities!!
If you haven’t joined Simple Meals yet, I encourage you to take the plunge! We do all the planning for you, then provide you each week with a beautifully laid out menu plan, grocery list, side dish ideas, bonus recipes, and so much more. Every week. For one dollar. Seriously.
Get a sample Simple Meals menu plan here.
As for these Simple Baked Beans, you’ll love having this recipe in your back pocket to add protein and goodness to your Simple Meals.
Ready for the super simple recipe? Soak and cook your own beans, or keep some canned beans on hand to throw these together at a moment’s notice.
Simple Baked Beans
- 32-ounces canned pork and beans (or soak and cook your own pintos or navy beans!)
- ¼ cup ketchup (give or take)
- 1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon honey or brown sugar (optional)
- Stir ingredients together in a 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- (In a hurry? Cook in a pot on the stove for 10-15 minutes in a pinch!)
I love that if I plan ahead, I can bake these in the oven. Or if I need to throw these together in less time (story of my life), I can simply stir this recipe into a pot and heat it to bubbly on the stove. So simple and good!
P.S. Make these beans into a main dish by adding leftover cooked hamburger and/or cooked bacon!
Lois Hilty says
Oven temperature for the Simple Baked Beans? Thanks!
Oops! I edited it to add the info! (350 degrees!) :)
Jenny L says
We occasionally like hot dogs in our beans!