I have a major confession, and I think you will all be a tiny bit shocked. (No I didn’t start eating margarine. Who do you even think I am?) For years, I deemed this Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe the best in the world. I held to this opinion for years. And now. NOW, I have discovered a recipe that is even better than the best. Allow me to introduce you to the marvelous, wonderful, fabulous 10-Minute Instant Pot Mac and Cheese!
If you don’t yet have an Instant Pot, I feel you, I get you, and I was on your Non-Instant-Pot-Team for many years. Then I finally gave in and allowed this jewel to change my life forever. I truly do love my precious Instant Pot because it saves me so much time and energy in the kitchen. It’s like God knew we all needed Simple Meals and Simple Recipes so on the eighth day He created the Instant Pot. And God said it was good.
What are my favorite foods to make in my Instant Pot? I’m so glad you asked.
- This fabulous new 10-Minute Mac and Cheese (true story)
- These incredible Mashed Potatoes (sorry Grandma; they’re even better than yours)
- 5 Pounds of FROZEN Hamburger Meat (which is completely cooked in 30 minutes and ready to save my life all week long)
If you don’t yet have an Instant Pot, might I recommend that you save up and invest in one? I do think you will love it as much as I do!
For all the Instant Pot owners out there, you’ll be delighted to know that this 10-Minute Instant Pot Mac and Cheese can actually be ready to serve – from start to finish – in just 10-minutes. This has become a great go-to lunch for my boys at home or a wonderful side dish at dinner after a busy day.
Simple 10-Minute Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- 16-ounces whole grain pasta (any shape)
- 4 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons butter (always butter, never margarine, amen, hallelujah)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups shredded cheese (we love Colby jack)
- Stir uncooked pasta, water, butter, and salt in your instant pot.
- Seal and cook on manual, high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Open the pot and stir in the cream and cheese until melted and creamy.
Want More Simple Real Food Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Simple Veggie Fritters
- Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs
- Simple Noodle Soup
- Simple Three Cheese Spaghetti
- Simple Crock Pot Salsa Shredded Beef
- Cheeseburger Hashbrown Cups or Casserole
- Easiest Beef Roast in the Instant Pot
- Simple One-Dish Chicken Florentine
- Simple Creamy Layered Enchiladas
- Simple Ham and Hashbrown Casserole
- 5-Minute Cheesy Hamburger and Potatoes
Want these recipes in your hands?
We’ve got most of these recipes already in eBook format so you can download, print, and hold them in your hands!
Join Simple Meals!
We love how Simple Meals has been saving family time for so many, and helping people put great food on the table each night! Join us for just $1/week!
Some of the links in this post are my affiliate links.
Tosha Kelly says
Thank you! My sweet husband bought an instant pot for me and I’m looking for recipes to feed my teen boys. This is perfect! I hope you’ll post more ip recipes!
What Instant would you recommend?
Bethany Lotulelei says
Laura owns the 8-quart Instant Pot! You can find it on Amazon (it is listed under this title: Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer), and Laura often posts deals on her Amazon Deals page when it is on sale!
Bethany (Laura’s assistant)
Ann King says
Do you have a problem with quick release when cooking pasta? I have not prepared pasta in my IP but I have heard that you can get a splatter of starch when you quick-release…
Thanks for the recipe! I hope to see more instant pot recipes coming from you, because your blog is my go-to for real food.
My one question is, do you think I could use whole milk instead of cream? That’s what I have on hand. Thanks!
Bethany Lotulelei says
Laura’s been adding more and more Instant Pot recipes lately, so keep an eye out for more in the future!
I definitely think you could use whole milk instead of cream, it just won’t be as thick and creamy. You might play around with adding in some extra butter to make up for the lack of cream.
Bethany (Laura’s assistant)
Marie Benware says
This was truly the best and easiest homemade Mac n cheese! Very creamy and a big hit! Got a 7 out of 7 ? at our house!
I’ve also noticed a starchy splatter with quick release on our ip as well. What have others found you can do to minimize or handle this? thanks!
Amy H says
I bought a steam diverter for my IP. This isn’t the exact one, as the one I purchased is currently not available but this is like it. Instant Pot Steam Diverter for Instant Pot Accessories. DUO & LUX MODELS: 6 quart, 8 qt, Mini 3 qt –Safely Release & Divert Insta Pot Steam. Food Grade Silicon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BXYVGSL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JPbmCbREWTPES
I love having one!! I was having problems with the steam getting on my wood cabinets.
I just read your email for January 9th (all about using broth to cook) and then ended up on this post. I had to laugh, because we love mac and cheese in the instant pot but made with chicken broth instead of water. :D Also, with a cup of pumpkin stirred in! Delicious!
Great recipe thanks! Mine was undercooked at 4 min so next time I’ll try 5.
I felt that this was a little runny. Any opinions on replacing half the water with milk and maybe omitting the cream? Although I have to admit that I didn’t watch the 11 year old add the water because the 12 year old spilled some of the pasta he was measuring and I was trying to stop the dog from eating it…