Slowly but surely, I have socked away some great items to pull out and feed my family as needed. Here is a list of the food I made for the freezer to get ahead!
Food I Made for the Freezer to Get Ahead
- Pizza Crust – I made a quadruple batch, then made some into personal-sized crusts and some into regular family-sized crusts. The kids have fun putting toppings on their own crusts and think this is extra special!
- Instant Oatmeal – This recipe makes 12 cups of instant oatmeal, which is awesome for a fast and warm breakfast option!
- Hot Cocoa Oatmeal Mix – This recipe also makes 12 cups of instant oatmeal, but of the chocolate variety. We make this in mugs to make it like hot cocoa. I love having these instant oatmeal options on hand for fast meals and snacks!
- Chili – I made two gallons. We ate one gallon then I froze the rest in a ziplock bag to thaw and reheat when we need it.
- Ham and Potato Casserole – I made a triple batch in an extra large pan so we can share with company some Sunday after church.
- Applesauce Bread – I didn’t go to extra trouble on this. I simply made a quadruple batch one day to share with friends at Christmas time, then I froze some for us to pull out and serve later.
- Burritos – I made 16 of these, which will give us 2-3 lunches depending on who is eating those meals.
- Poppyseed Bread – This bread is a favorite but I don’t tend to make it very often for some reason. I made a quadruple batch so we could eat one and freeze three.
- Pumpkin Muffins – I doubled this so we could eat some and freeze the rest. Having muffins on hand for all the little ones is a must!
What do you like to keep in your freezer for busy days?