With these Simple Veggie Fritters, you can present your family with a satisfying meal made entirely of fruits and veggies!
I will admit: I wasn’t sure how well this recipe experiment would go over with my family. I was prepared to get out the Ranch Dip for them, assuming these Simple Veggie Fritters would taste extra good that way. But guess what? I didn’t even need to get out the dip.
My kids at the Veggie Fritters without coaxing. And here I had an entire speech prepared.
What I’m loving most about all these Simple Meals on a Simple Budget recipes is that it’s teaching us ways to go meatless a little more often. We definitely still love our meat around here, but there really are many ways to fill my family without killing the fatted calf. This is a great budget saver, something we can all be very grateful about!
As you can see from the pictures, I served these Simple Veggie Fritters with a fun variety of other fruits and veggies that filled us up and offered us great nourishment! I dug garden okra out of our freezer from last summer and fried it in oil with salt. I cut a fresh pineapple. I got Homemade Guacamole out of the fridge. We ate like kings (and queen).
I’m sure we had meat with our evening meal later that day. But for lunch? We ate all the veggies and fruit and felt great!
Simple Veggie Fritters
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 cup grated cheese (we like Colby jack or cheddar best for these but any variety will work)
- 1 cup flour (we use freshly ground hard white wheat for these but you can use your favorite!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying (I recommend palm shortening or refined coconut oil as they are flavorless and remain stable at high temperatures.)
- Grate the zucchini and carrots into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat about 3 Tablespoons of oil in a skillet.
- Scoop veggie mixture into hot oil, pressing down to make patties.
- Fry until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes each.
Catch the running list of Simple Meals on a Simple Budget here.
Want even more Simple Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
Enjoy all these recipes without effort when you become a Simple Meals member! Every week we’ll send you a great menu plan full of Simple Recipes like this one. We’ll equip you with a grocery list. We’ll break everything down so that your meal prep is as simple as possible. We’ll give you bonus tips and recipes and freebies. And this is all for just $1 each week. You’ll love it!
Abbygail Mendoza says
These were excellent!! My 3 year old ate 4 of them :) My (picky) girls of course couldn’t be convinced. Thanks!
I tried to sign up for your 30 tips book and it is rejecting my email address. It is the same one I’ve used for your site before.