Apparently, it is the week for pudding! We’ve shared our Homemade Vanilla Pudding recipe, a great idea for a Pudding Parfait in a Jar, and today our Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe!
Just like our Homemade Vanilla Pudding recipe, this one is tried and true and worth another share. We wanted to highlight it again as another school year is approaching (I know, I don’t want to talk about it either!). This is a great recipe for an after school snack or to pack in a lunch.
How should you pack it in a lunch, you ask? Well now, check out this fun idea for How to Make Your Own Pudding Cups!
And get our other homemade pudding recipes here so that you can mix and match!
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼-1/2 cup real maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, egg yolks, maple syrup, cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking/stirring CONSTANTLY until pudding begins to thicken.
- Stir over the heat for about 15 more seconds.
- Remove immediately from the heat, and continue to stir until pudding is creamy.
- Add vanilla and continue to stir until mixed.
- Pour into serving dishes and serve warm, or chill for two hours and serve cold.
Need some Homemade Whipped Cream to eat on top of your Homemade Chocolate Pudding? YES, you really do! It’s super easy to make and well worth the small amount of effort so that you can enjoy the additional treat of whipped cream on top of your homemade pudding! Get our Homemade Whipped Cream recipe here.