Just when you thought my Waffle Iron kick had ended, you find that I am revisiting my obsession. Friends, today I present to you Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili.
Aren’t they cute?
Simply scoop cornbread batter into your waffle iron, press and cook, then serve with your favorite chili and toppings. The cornbread waffle turns out crisp and tasty. The chili on top is warm and hearty. And we’ve got ourselves yet another Simple Meal on a Simple Budget!
Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
Today, I don’t have new recipes to share. Instead, I will point you to favorite Cornbread and Chili recipes already posted here at Heavenly Homemakers.
- You can keep your costs for this Simple Meal to a minimum when you make this Lentil Chili.
- This Hearty Chili is meatless, but feel free to cook hamburger or ground turkey to add more protein.
- My new favorite way to make Cornbread is to stir together a set of these Homemade Jiffy Cornbread Mixes to keep on hand.
- If I’m out of my Homemade Cornbread Mix, I stir together this tried and true Cornbread Recipe. So good!
As a review, perhaps you’d enjoy a little peek at other fun Waffle Iron ideas I’ve shared:
- Waffle Omelets
- Egg and Cheese Hashbrown Waffles
- Muffin Waffles
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
- Cookie and Brownie Waffles
- Grilled Cheese in the Waffle Iron
- Actual Waffles
It’s super fun to see all you can make in a waffle iron! I have a very simple Belgian Waffle Iron that is inexpensive and practical. I highly recommend buttering your waffle iron well before cooking Cornbread Waffles. This will keep them from sticking!
Catch the running list of Simple Meals on a Simple Budget here.
Want even more Simple Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
Enjoy all these recipes without effort when you become a Simple Meals member! Every week we’ll send you a great menu plan full of Simple Recipes like this one. We’ll equip you with a grocery list. We’ll break everything down so that your meal prep is as simple as possible. We’ll give you bonus tips and recipes and freebies. And this is all for just $1 each week. You’ll love it!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links.
Leave a Reply