It really is easy to make Homemade Chocolate Milk! And it tastes better than any store-bought chocolate milk you can find. What a treat!
Recently, someone gave us 5 gallons of milk. FIVE! I mean, we have a big family, but it’s still hard to get through five gallons of milk before it goes bad.
I had fun figuring out ways to use up the milk. Pudding ranked high on the list:
Mac and Cheese is also a great way to use up milk, especially this amazing recipe. And then, making Chocolate Milk as a special treat always makes my family happy!
I don’t love for us to drink much sugar. So I made this Easy Chocolate Milk to share with college students when they came over so that the gallon of fun could be spread throughout many of us, not just our family. :)
Ready for the recipe? Keep this one in your back pocket for a fun treat to serve guests on a hot day!
Easy Homemade Chocolate Milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 gallon milk
- In a large pot, mix together sugar, cocoa, and water.
- Cook on low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the milk with a whisk until the chocolate is evening mixed throughout.
- Pour chocolate milk into a gallon-sized serving jar.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Try this and let me know what you think? Best Chocolate Milk you’ve ever had? That’s what many of our guests tell me when they try this. :)