Sometimes I experiment with recipe ideas and they turn out to be big flops. You don’t know about these because they don’t get shared here, for all the obvious, not-so-tasty reasons. This Simple Cheeseburger Hashbrown Cup or Casserole recipe got rave reviews at our house, making it definitely blog worthy. How can cooking real food continue to get easier??!
Have I mentioned that I discovered Mr. Dells Frozen Hashbrowns at the grocery store and declare them to be a fabulous option? They contain one ingredient: Potatoes. Other frozen hashbrowns at the store have a slew of ingredients listed that I can’t pronounce. So either make your own frozen hashbrowns or see if you can find a brand like Mr. Dells that includes plain ol’ potatoes. I try to have big bags of these on hand at all times now as they are super convenient!
To make this recipe, simply brown meat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread mixture into a casserole dish (easy!!) or scoop the mixture into muffin tins (still easy but one more step). Bake and serve. Enjoy the deliciousness!
Simple Cheeseburger Hashbrown Cups or Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef, lamb, or turkey
- 15-ounces frozen shredded hashbrowns
- ½ - 1 cup ketchup (depending on how much your family likes ketchup)
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheese (we like Colby jack or pepper jack best, but any variety will work!)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat in a skillet until no longer pink.
- Mix cooked meat and remaining ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- For Cups: Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins (I find that it works best to melt a bit of oil in each tin so that the baked nests pop right out!) Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Casserole: Spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Make this recipe into a casserole, cover, and freeze. When you’re ready to bake it, take it from the freezer, cover it with foil and slide it into a cold oven. Bake at 250 degrees for 2.5 hours or until bubbly.
Want more Simple Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Simple Veggie Fritters
- Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs
- Simple Noodle Soup
- Simple Three Cheese Spaghetti
- Simple Crock Pot Salsa Shredded Beef
Join Simple Meals!
We love how Simple Meals has been saving family time for so many, and helping people put great food on the table each night! Join us for just $1/week!
Hey Laura! Thanks for this recipe. I’ve been following you for years & always look forward to your posts. It’s funny that you sent his recipe, because I’ve been looking for “to go” suppers recently…Suppers that can be easily transported to a ballfield? I have a few favorites that I make when I need something filling & nourishing on the go, but need some more ideas. I haven’t checked your site recently, so you may have some listed. If not, maybe that’s an idea for another post! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Stacey Friesen says
I have loved the recipes of yours that I have tried. However, my daughter and I are now dairy free, and it’s so hard to find good recipes using ground beef that don’t have cheese or other dairy. Do you have any ideas? Spaghetti & Meatsauce, meatloaf, meatballs, and tacos/taco salad are the main ones in my meal rotation. Also burgers. I try to avoid the meals that make meat the main feature though, like meatloaf, meatballs, and burgers.
Ugh, that is a hard one! I’d add this Overnight Saucy Chicken to your rotation https://www.heavenlyhomemakers.com/simple-overnight-saucy-crock-pot-chicken-lunch-ready-get-day, and pot roast. Maybe baked potatoes as a main feature from time to time, though it’s hard to avoid dairy with potatoes. Soups will be a good option, beans, avocados…good luck!
Melody Bold says
Love to cook but hate to clean up after. That’s why you have kids, right? One thing I do to make life easier is to buy 6# of hamburger at a time at Costco. Then, I dump the whole thing into my dutch oven and fry it all up at one time, adding only salt, pepper, and dehydrated onions. Then I drain it and package it in meal sizes and stick it in the freezer. Makes busy night suppers even easier!
You mentioned in today’s post that you cooked this in a crockpot? Any instructions for that? It sounds delicious and I love the ease of a crockpot meal! (Praying for your little bonus son!)
Thank you for praying!! I simply cooked this in the crock pot on low for 7 hours. It worked great!
I just stopped and prayed about the hearing today. Huge day for B and everyone who loves him, including your family. Praying God’s will be done = “The prayer that never fails,” per author Jan Karon.
As a former Foster parent, then foster-to-adopt (X 2), I asked Him for some other specific things, too. ?
About this recipe: Yum! Wanna make it soon….thinking it will get our sweet younguns to actually e-a-t. Thank you–and thank You, Lord!
I, too, am interested in instructions for crockpot. Thanks!
I’m so thankful for your prayers! I cooked this for 7 hours on low in the crock pot. It was WONDERFUL to come home to!
Thank you for these quick & easy recipes.
My disability limits my ability to spend any quality time cooking &/or baking.
If I use the jumbo muffin tins, how much extra time should I add on?