Once upon a time, I had a genius idea to add seasoned hamburger meat to our Simple 10-Minute Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. This magically and beautifully turned into Simple Cheeseburger Mac in the Instant Pot. And once again, dinner is saved!
Mind you, this recipe is made even easier if I have “worked” ahead and have hamburger meat already pre-cooked and in the fridge ready to pull out as needed. And by “worked” I mean that I open several packs of hamburger meat (usually frozen) and plop it into my Instant Pot where it cooks all by itself for a few minutes, providing our family with several meals worth of pre-cooked meat to use easily in recipes as needed.
If you get an Instant Pot for no other reason, get it so that it will cook your hamburger meat for you. I usually cook 7-pounds at once, and it is such a time and energy saver!
Simple Cheeseburger Mac in the Instant Pot
- 1 pound cooked hamburger meat
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 16-ounces whole grain pasta (any shape)
- 4 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups shredded cheese (we love Colby jack)
- Cook hamburger meat and season with garlic powder and chili powder.
- Stir meat, uncooked pasta, water, butter, and salt in your instant pot.
- Seal and cook on manual, high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Open the pot and stir in the cream and cheese until melted and creamy.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and it is a huge hit with the family! Any time I can make pasta without actually boiling pasta is a win in my book. Fewer dirty dishes, less time in the kitchen, and a delicious meal too!
Want More Simple Recipes?
We’ve got a huge list, and it keeps growing!
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Simple Veggie Fritters
- Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs
- Simple Noodle Soup
- Simple Three Cheese Spaghetti
- Simple Crock Pot Salsa Shredded Beef
- Cheeseburger Hashbrown Cups or Casserole
- Easiest Beef Roast in the Instant Pot
- Simple One-Dish Chicken Florentine
- Simple Creamy Layered Enchiladas
- Simple Ham and Hashbrown Casserole
- 5-Minute Cheesy Hamburger and Potatoes
- Simple 10-Minute Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Simple Creamy Chicken Soup
- Simple Broccoli Bacon Chicken
- Simple Cheesy Salsa Chicken
- Simple (Mostly Real Food) Tator Tot Casserole
- Simple Cheeseburger Noodle Crock Pot Dinner
- Simple 5-Minute Shredded Chicken
- Simple Popcorn Chicken
- Simple Popcorn Chicken Tacos
- Simple Make-Ahead Parmesan Meatballs
- Simple Saucy Parmesan Meatballs
- Simple Make-Ahead Parmesan Burgers
- Simple Creamy Pasta in the Instant Pot
Join Simple Meals!
We love how Simple Meals has been saving family time for so many, and helping people put great food on the table each night!
Join us for just $1/week! (It’s half price right now!!!!)
Anna Chan says
Can this be done in a crockpot?
Yes, I’d cook it on low for about 4 hours. :)
This looks so yummy. But I”m allergic — or at very least, sensitive– to milk products. Cooked cheese in this recipe would probably be okay, but I find that sour cream, and whipping creams don’t always agree (though strangely I can cook with milk if it’s baked in). Do you have a tip on how I can make this without the whipping cream? Thanks.
Hmm, I’m trying to think what would help this to be creamy that isn’t a dairy product?? I wonder if you added milk or cream TO the recipe before you cook it? It should work with this recipe, then it will be cooked in and maybe not effect you negatively. :)
Can I do in crockpot or slowly on stovetop? Thanks.
Yes, 4 hours on low in a crock pot. On the stovetop, you’d just need to cook the noodles as normal, drain, and add the other ingredients.